Why try mediation first?
Mediation allows individuals, families, neighbors, businesses and other organizations the opportunity to:
- Resolve disputes privately.
- Resolve disputes quickly, before they escalate and result in the need to use more expensive, time-consuming and stressful adversarial conflict resolution methods.
- Preserve valuable personal and professional relationships that could be damaged by using adversarial conflict resolution methods.
- Resolve disputes with the potential for more creative and satisfying results than are often available through the courts.
- Decide for themselves what a fair settlement to their conflict should be.
- Learn effective communication and negotiation techniques that can be used in the future to prevent additional problems.