Community Mediation Services of Central Ohio is a member of the National Association of Community Mediation. Our agency is characterized by and committed to:
- The use of trained community volunteers as one of the primary providers of our mediation services. Our volunteers, who come to us from very diverse educational and professional backgrounds, are extensively trained, tested and certified by our agency.
- We are a private, nonprofit agency governed by an independent board of directors.
- Our mediators, staff and governing board are representative of the diversity of the Central Ohio Community in which we are located.
- We provide the public direct access to our services through self-referral and we strive to reduce barriers to our services including: physical, linguistic, cultural, programmatic and economic barriers.
- We provide services to low- income clients regardless of their ability to pay.
- Our intent is to promote collaborative community relationships that effect positive systemic change.
- We engage in public awareness and educational activities focused on the values and practices of mediation.
- We provide a forum for dispute resolution at the earliest stage of conflict.
- We provide an alternative to the judicial system at any stage of a conflict.